Python in Finance conference, April 5, NYC

Shiuan Butler

Mar 20, 2013, 12:12:58 PM3/20/13
to pys...@googlegroups.com
Python in Finance
www.python-in-finance.com

April 5th, 2013
8am - 6:15pm
New York City

This event brings together 300+ Python practitioners with a who's who line-up of speakers from the world of Python and finance: Travis Oliphant (Numpy), Wes McKinney (Pandas), Andreas Kloeckner (PyCUDA and PyOpenCL), Peter Wang (Chaco) ... the list goes on. I am also very excited to announce that Claudia Perlich, Chief Scientist at m6d, will be giving the keynote address to kick off the event; Claudia's list of achievements include being a three-time winner of the KDD cup, and numerous and notable contributions in the Machine Learning, Data Mining and Predictive Modeling worlds. It's going to be an informative, exciting and fun day of great speakers mixed with practitioners of "Python in Finance."

I have managed to get some great sponsors for the event to keep the attendance fee at a rock bottom rate of less than three hundred dollars; not bad for an all-day event in New York City with lunch thrown in! And because of your contributions to the Python community, I have a special offer for you specifically; use the code "PYSTAR" at www.python-in-finance.com and save a whopping $100 off. If you could pass on the word to any other interested folks, that would be just absolutely fantastic! The event is filling up fast so if folks plan on coming they need to register soon.

Python in Finance
April 5
www.python-in-finance.com