MIT OpenCourseWare - 6.00 Introduction to Computer Science and Programming, Fall 2008

Tim Baldoni

Dec 21, 2011, 10:58:26 AM12/21/11
to PyStar
MIT OpenCourseWare - 6.00 Introduction to Computer Science and
Programming, Fall 2008
Home:http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-
science/6-00-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-
fall-2008/

"This subject is aimed at students with little or no programming
experience. It aims to provide students with an understanding of the
role computation can play in solving problems. It also aims to help
students, regardless of their major, to feel justifiably confident of
their ability to write small programs that allow them to accomplish
useful goals. The class will use the Python™ programming language.."

This could be a very helpful resource. (I was linked to it my Matt
Gray)

-Tim

Amanda Nyren

Dec 21, 2011, 11:26:52 AM12/21/11
to pys...@googlegroups.com
And on that note, LinuxChix has online classes, including one currently running on beginning programming in Python: http://courses.linuxchix.org/course/index.php Lots of archived classes as well on other topics/languages for branching out. I mentioned it on the twitters (as @PyStar_MPLS), but might be worth mentioning at future PyStars as a resource for continued guided learning.