Questions about crawled links

Nick Gilmour

Dec 24, 2017, 11:36:18 AM12/24/17
to pyspider-users
Hi all,
I have following questions regarding the crawled links:
1. How to distinguish new incoming links from old ones in the results? I mean which links are coming from which crawl.
2. In case there are duplicate links, how to indicate the links with duplicates in the results?
3. How to mark the links that do not exist anymore in the results?

Any ideas?

Regards,
Nick

Roy Binux

Dec 24, 2017, 2:34:09 PM12/24/17
to Nick Gilmour, pyspider-users

1. You could use 'save' pass through information from previous request.
2. You can't, they are discard implicitly.
3.what do you mean by "links not exist"?

Nick Gilmour

Dec 24, 2017, 3:28:15 PM12/24/17
to Roy Binux, pyspider-users
Hi Roy,

thanks for the quick response!

1. What information do you mean? Is there something pyspider specific I could save e.g. a crawl Id?
3. Assuming a list of links, some of them are removed over time. I would like to know which of them are removed and save this information in the results.

On Sun, 24 Dec 2017, 16:36 Nick Gilmour, <nicke...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I have following questions regarding the crawled links:
1. How to distinguish new incoming links from old ones in the results? I mean which links are coming from which crawl.
2. In case there are duplicate links, how to indicate the links with duplicates in the results?
3. How to mark the links that do not exist anymore in the results?

Any ideas?

Regards,
Nick

Roy Binux

Dec 24, 2017, 4:19:56 PM12/24/17
to Nick Gilmour, pyspider-users

1. What ever information you want, like URL in your case.
3. Do it in your own database. The result DB of pyspider is designed for its own usage. If you have any other logic of data. Build you own, and feed it from pyspider through result worker.

Nick Gilmour