Poiseuille flow

Hari Sankar

Jan 30, 2023, 12:56:54 AM1/30/23
to pysph...@googlegroups.com

I would like to know what is the constant ''alpha'' taken for artificial viscosity term (or how it is defined) in the poiseuille flow example solved in PySPH. Please help me on how to print values of such constants in the code.

--
~
Harisankar.P.C

mutaa...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2023, 5:40:35 AM1/30/23
to pysph-users
Hi Harisankar,

The Poiseuille flow example (here) is not using the artificial viscosity equation. The problem is viscous, with a kinematic viscosity matching the Reynolds number of 0.0125 (here). When you run a simulation, all the equations and their parameter values are printed to the log file ending with a ".log" extension.

Regards,
Abhinav

harich...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2023, 10:25:40 PM2/1/23
to pysph-users
Are you taking kernel correction for all quantities?

Prabhu Ramachandran

Feb 1, 2023, 10:59:16 PM2/1/23
to pysph...@googlegroups.com, Hari Sankar
PySPH is designed so that you can write Python code to define the simulation. All the sources are available, the easiest way to find out what is going on is to look at the equations and see what they do. As a consequence, you will need to know a decent amount of Python. You will also need to know a reasonable amount of SPH and often read the papers. Did you peruse the source code of the example? You will see that it uses a TVFScheme, the equations for which are defined here:

https://pysph.readthedocs.io/en/latest/_modules/pysph/sph/scheme.html#TVFScheme.get_equations

You can see the imports there and here is documentation on the scheme itself:

https://pysph.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference/equations.html?highlight=transport_velocity#module-pysph.sph.wc.transport_velocity

In short, no, there are no kernel corrections used.  If you are looking for the details, you should just use a reasonable editor and read the source (either locally or on github), most of it is all pure Python.

Regards,
Prabhu

Hari Sankar

Feb 1, 2023, 11:46:37 PM2/1/23
to Prabhu Ramachandran, pysph...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your kind reply. I will look into it.
--
~
Harisankar.P.C