Merging particles with a mass criterion

Bastien Bodin

Mar 20, 2023, 11:57:10 AM3/20/23
to pysph-users
Hi everyone,

I would like to implement a vaporization process on my PySPH framework. To do so, I need to merge particles with a criterion based on the particle mass (which would evolve based on some differential equation).

Is it possible to merge particles on PySPH ? If so, is there some articles/documentation I could use to implement this criterion ?

Best regards,

Bastien BODIN

Prabhu Ramachandran

Mar 22, 2023, 5:10:53 AM3/22/23
to Bastien Bodin, pysph-users
Hi Bastien,

See our papers on the topic that both do splitting and merging of particles in parallel.  These papers are open source in that all the code is made available and the results are also reproducible.

1. https://arxiv.org/abs/2107.01276, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2022.115019
2. https://arxiv.org/abs/2201.00514, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpc.2022.108377

Doing the merging in parallel is a bit of work and requires some care, the papers provide an idea of how this is done using pysph. You will have to look at the gitlab repository cited in the papers to see the code.

HTH.

cheers,
Prabhu

Message has been deleted