How to solve particle disappearance

Ruibo Yi

Feb 21, 2022, 9:37:29 AM2/21/22
to pysph-users
When I was doing the coupling calculation,  I modified the mass equation and the momentum equation, I broke off in the second step of calculation, and the SPH particle display was missing.

Navaneet Villodi

Feb 22, 2022, 8:43:58 AM2/22/22
to pysph-users
If particles do not show up in the viewer, one reason could be that their one or more of their coordinate values (x, y and/or z) might have become `NaN`. This is very likely since you have modified the equations.

You can confirm if this is indeed the issue by looking into the 'x',  'y' and 'z' values of the particles. If so, you may give thought to the way by which those modifications could specifically be leading to `NaN`,  for example, https://stackoverflow.com/a/25512004.

Ruibo Yi

Feb 23, 2022, 7:34:00 AM2/23/22
to pysph-users
Hey ,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I checked all the equations and found that there were boundary particles that were not assigned, so the division of zero occurred in the momentum equation and the continuity equation.

Regards
Ruibo

Navaneet Villodi

Feb 24, 2022, 12:29:58 PM2/24/22