INSTALLING PYSPH WITH UBUNTU 20.04 (LINUX)

Igor Tavares

Mar 12, 2023, 7:40:08 PM3/12/23
to pysph-users

Good night people,

I come to thank all of you who viewed my message, about: HOW TO INSTALL PYSPH ON MY WINDOWS 10, Navaneet helped me a lot but installing PYSPH, through WINDOWS is definitely very complicated, following all your guidelines and I was unsuccessful, I did it a DUAL BOOT on my PC and I put UBUNTU 20.04 and come ask for your help again, I've been trying to perform the installation, but it's also giving an error, below are the 3 (three) images of the errors, but they are practically the same.

Health and peace, for all your family.

Igor TavaresIMAGEM 1-ERRO-UBUNTU.pngIMAGEM 2-ERRO-UBUNTU.pngIMAGEM 3-ERRO-UBUNTU.png

Navaneet Villodi

Mar 13, 2023, 1:58:01 PM3/13/23
to pysph-users
You seem to be getting that error since you are directly installing pysph with pip. Some dependencies need to be installed before this.

Installing dependencies on ubuntu is relatively easy and is well explained in the installation guide: https://pysph.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#installing-the-dependencies-on-gnu-linux . Knowing about the dependencies would enable you to fix some issues yourself when they arise. Please follow this.

Given below is a list of commands that I used to install PySPH on Ubuntu 22.04LTS a couple of weeks ago. I strongly recommend that you follow the installation guide and refer to the below commands only if you get stuck somewhere.

python3 -m venv pysph_env
source pysph_env/bin/activate

sudo apt-get install build-essential python3-venv python3-pip libomp-dev git
sudo apt-get install openmpi-bin libopenmpi-dev libtrilinos-zoltan-dev
export ZOLTAN_INCLUDE=/usr/include/trilinos
export ZOLTAN_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
export USE_TRILINOS=1

python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel
python3 -m pip install numpy cython h5py matplotlib mpi4py
python3 -m pip install https://github.com/pypr/cyarray/zipball/master
python3 -m pip install https://github.com/pypr/compyle/zipball/master
python3 -m pip install https://github.com/pypr/pyzoltan/zipball/master
git clone https://github.com/pypr/pysph.git
cd pysph
python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt -r requirements-test.txt
python3 -m pip install mayavi pyside2 numpy-stl
python3 setup.py develop

Cheers
Navaneet