High resolution simulations - Disk usage problem

Bastien Bodin

Nov 7, 2023, 10:52:26 AM11/7/23
to pysph-users
Hi everyone,

I would like to run a high resolution simulation, but the resulting output sizes are 4.5GB/output (more than 20 million particles for the simulation).

Is there any way to overcome this issue ? I already limited the number of outputs to a few thousands, but I can't reduce it any further, as it is supposed to compute several days (simulation time).

Best regards

Bastien Bodin

Prabhu Ramachandran

Nov 12, 2023, 9:55:50 AM11/12/23
to Bastien Bodin, pysph-users
You can use hdf5 output and also turn on compression with -z. Another option is to carefully choose the output variables so as to minimize the number of fields you output to only those strictly necessary.

Regards,
Prabhu