Re: Changing Boundary Conditions

Message has been deleted

Prabhu Ramachandran

Mar 4, 2022, 12:47:29 PM3/4/22
to ilias seferoglou, pysph-users
On 3/1/22 15:26, ilias seferoglou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just started working on pySPH for a university project and I am trying to
> understand the boundary conditions. I see that boundaries can be translated and
> rotated, but can they change?

I am not sure what you mean by boundaries can be translated and rotated? Can
you be a bit more specific? Are you referring to the geometry module or
something else?

> I am trying to create a triange that turns into a cirlce in 2D and is halfway
> filled with water.
>
> Is there an example of this or something similar?

I don't think there is an example that does something like that but you can move
the particles any way you want to. You can write your own integrator to
directly move particles or integrate them based on some dynamical equations.

What sort of boundary condition are you applying? How you apply the BCs depends
on what you are doing. In principle you can do whatever you want but the
difficulty with SPH is that there are different ways of doing everything and the
devil is in those details.

cheers,
Prabhu