I am facing error when copying code and running in terminal

Aditya Meher

Dec 8, 2021, 5:06:56 PM12/8/21
to pysph-users
Hello All
I am Aditya
I installed all the on my MAC and I ran 2 example and got output but when I used view command to see it in mayavi I was able to see just image and not simulation even after I selected play option. The current file was in .hdf5 format. Another issue I am facing is when I copy code from the Github and paste it in the terminal I face an error. I will add that error in message. Please help me out.
Error: At line 126 or 127
if __name__ == '__main__':
    app = DamBreak3D()
    app.run()
    app.post_process(app.info_filename)
zsh: parse error near `sd,'

I am using MAC OS, Python 3.9.7 (default, Sep 16 2021, 08:50:36)

[Clang 10.0.0 ] :: Anaconda, Inc. on darwin

Mayavi and PyQt5=5.10.1.

Thank you,

Aditya

mutaa...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2021, 12:49:09 AM12/9/21
to pysph-users
Hi Aditya,

Could you try with the latest PyQT5 i.e., 5.15. On Mac OS Big Sur there seems to be some problem while opening the window, which will be resolved by defining an environment variable: export QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER=1, but, you don't seem to have such a problem, as you said you can see the window fine but the simulation is not playing.

I don't understand the second error. Perhaps it is your zsh-shell that is causing this? Could you try a different shell and see if it persists?

cheers,
Abhinav