PySPH with MPI - example

Daniel Cordier

Apr 18, 2024, 3:48:06 AMApr 18
to pysph-users
Hi Everyone,
   I am working with bastien and I have a similar problem : MPI simulations (dambreak-like)
with a large number of particles and a number of CPU > 60 crash, could someone share
and example (pysph source & slurm script) of such simulation running  without problem
on a super-computer? Many thanks in advance for any help
Daniel

Prabhu Ramachandran

Jun 20, 2024, 9:12:00 AMJun 20
to Daniel Cordier, pysph-users
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been swamped to look into this. Are you doing pure MPI or are you doing a combination of OpenMP + MPI?  We did run a case with 80 MPI procs for the paper but unfortunately we have not been using the MPI code enough recently due to very long wait times on our own cluster currently.

Do you have a simple test case? We could try to run it and see.

Regards,
Prabhu