Will it matter anything if "The logic QF_BV is not reducible to any SMTLib2 standard logic"

陳宏毅

Sep 11, 2017, 11:16:55 AM9/11/17
to pySMT
Dear all:

I have tried to output my constraint formula into a smt2 file.
Based on:

from pysmt.smtlib.script import *
s = smtlibscript_from_formula(f)
print(s) # or s.serialize(file_handle) to directly dump the smt2 code to file
s.to_file( "String_of_FileName"  , daggify=True) # or s.serialize(file_handle) to directly dump the smt2 code to file

Then the warning message shows that:

"sys:1: UserWarning: The logic QF_BV is not reducible to any SMTLib2 standard logic. Proceeding with non-standard logic 'QF_BV'"

Will it matters anything, or it's Okey to ignore it?

P.S: the whole formula is constructed by Bit-Vector calculations.

Marco Gario

Sep 11, 2017, 1:35:43 PM9/11/17
to 陳宏毅, pySMT
Hi, the message might be a bug.

In any case, the idea of the message is that you might be using a logic that does not have a name in smtlib. This is not your case, and as long as the solver is solving it, you are fine.

Marco Gario

Sep 16, 2017, 6:39:37 AM9/16/17
to pySMT
I cannot reproduce. If you could share the formula (in smt format or the code to generate it) that would be great!