[PySide] Bugzilla closed for new entries

Matti Airas

Mar 8, 2012, 10:15:14 AM3/8/12
to pys...@qt-project.org
Hi,

As discussed before, Qt Project's JIRA Bug Tracker should now be used
for reporting new bugs against PySide.

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/

I have now disabled opening new bugs in the old Bugzilla instance and
requested all open bugs to be re-submitted in JIRA.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused. :-)

Cheers,

ma.

anatoly techtonik

Mar 8, 2012, 11:04:32 AM3/8/12
to Matti Airas, pys...@qt-project.org
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Matti Airas <matti....@nokia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As discussed before, Qt Project's JIRA Bug Tracker should now be used
> for reporting new bugs against PySide.
>
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/
>

> I have now disabled opening new bugs in the old Bugzilla instance and
> requested all open bugs to be re-submitted in JIRA.
>
> Sorry for all inconvenience caused. :-)

There should be a possibility to provide a link to a newly recreated issue.
I also afraid that most people will lack the incentive to recreate bugs anew.
--
anatoly t.

Hugo Parente Lima

Mar 8, 2012, 11:33:44 AM3/8/12
to pys...@qt-project.org
On Thursday 08 March 2012 13:04:32 anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Matti Airas <matti....@nokia.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As discussed before, Qt Project's JIRA Bug Tracker should now be used
> > for reporting new bugs against PySide.
> >
> > https://bugreports.qt-project.org/
> >

> > I have now disabled opening new bugs in the old Bugzilla instance and
> > requested all open bugs to be re-submitted in JIRA.
> >
> > Sorry for all inconvenience caused. :-)
>
> There should be a possibility to provide a link to a newly recreated issue.
> I also afraid that most people will lack the incentive to recreate bugs
> anew. --

+1

> anatoly t.

Hugo Parente Lima
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia

signature.asc

matti....@nokia.com

Mar 8, 2012, 12:17:52 PM3/8/12
to tech...@gmail.com, pys...@qt-project.org
On Mar 8, 2012, at 18:04, ext anatoly techtonik wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Matti Airas <matti....@nokia.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As discussed before, Qt Project's JIRA Bug Tracker should now be used
>> for reporting new bugs against PySide.
>>
>> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/
>>

>> I have now disabled opening new bugs in the old Bugzilla instance and
>> requested all open bugs to be re-submitted in JIRA.
>>
>> Sorry for all inconvenience caused. :-)
>
> There should be a possibility to provide a link to a newly recreated issue.

Just comment on the bug in either bug tracker - it's not that hard!

> I also afraid that most people will lack the incentive to recreate bugs anew.

Thank you for volunteering to replicate all open bugs from Bugzilla to Jira! Please report back to the mailing list once you've done it!

Cheers,

ma.

anatoly techtonik

Mar 8, 2012, 12:28:54 PM3/8/12
to matti....@nokia.com, pys...@qt-project.org
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM, <matti....@nokia.com> wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2012, at 18:04, ext anatoly techtonik wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Matti Airas <matti....@nokia.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As discussed before, Qt Project's JIRA Bug Tracker should now be used
>>> for reporting new bugs against PySide.
>>>
>>> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/
>>>

>>> I have now disabled opening new bugs in the old Bugzilla instance and
>>> requested all open bugs to be re-submitted in JIRA.
>>>
>>> Sorry for all inconvenience caused. :-)
>>
>> There should be a possibility to provide a link to a newly recreated issue.
>
> Just comment on the bug in either bug tracker - it's not that hard!
>
>> I also afraid that most people will lack the incentive to recreate bugs anew.
>
> Thank you for volunteering to replicate all open bugs from Bugzilla to Jira! Please report back to the mailing list once you've done it!

Well, somebody needs to execute this stuff -
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla

I'll try to contact tracker list about this.
--
anatoly t.

Matti Airas

Mar 9, 2012, 3:56:33 AM3/9/12
to ext anatoly techtonik, pys...@qt-project.org
On 08.03.2012 19:28, ext anatoly techtonik wrote:
> Well, somebody needs to execute this stuff -
> http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla
>
> I'll try to contact tracker list about this.

Neat! Thanks.

ma.

anatoly techtonik

Mar 10, 2012, 2:19:24 AM3/10/12
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Matti Airas <matti....@nokia.com> wrote:
> On 08.03.2012 19:28, ext anatoly techtonik wrote:
>>
>> Well, somebody needs to execute this stuff -
>> http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla
>>
>> I'll try to contact tracker list about this.
>

> Neat! Thanks.

Done. The letter should appear at
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/jeg/ in the March section.
--
anatoly t.

anatoly techtonik

Mar 21, 2012, 5:05:09 AM3/21/12
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM, anatoly techtonik <tech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Matti Airas <matti....@nokia.com> wrote:
>> On 08.03.2012 19:28, ext anatoly techtonik wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, somebody needs to execute this stuff -
>>> http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla
>>>
>>> I'll try to contact tracker list about this.
>>

>> Neat! Thanks.
>
> Done. The letter should appear at
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/jeg/ in the March section.

Good news. JIRA team received the letter and opened an issue (see below).
There are still some questions:

1. Should we import all tickets or those that are open right now?
2. If we import all tickets, should we preserve numbering?

Please add your concerns to the JIRA ticket.

A JIRA issue has been started to track this request.
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTJIRA-164

Please raise requests to that JIRA project.

Hugo Parente Lima

Mar 21, 2012, 8:06:21 AM3/21/12
to pys...@qt-project.org
On Wednesday 21 March 2012 06:05:09 anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM, anatoly techtonik <tech...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Matti Airas <matti....@nokia.com>
wrote:

> >> Neat! Thanks.
> >
> > Done. The letter should appear at
> > http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/jeg/ in the March section.
>
> Good news. JIRA team received the letter and opened an issue (see below).
> There are still some questions:
>
> 1. Should we import all tickets or those that are open right now?
> 2. If we import all tickets, should we preserve numbering?

Better to import all tickets preserving the numbering, because many of our
unit test are named like test_bugXXX.py, then when we face a regression and
need to do some archaeology it's a just a matter of going to bugzilla and see
the bug comments.

They could ignore bugs with numbers already present on jira, they are really
too old anyway, probably from boost::python time.

> Please add your concerns to the JIRA ticket.

signature.asc