[PySide] animate QStackedLayout?

Frank Rueter | OHUfx

Apr 4, 2012, 12:46:50 AM4/4/12
to pys...@lists.pyside.org
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to Qt/PySide and am wondering if it's possible to add an
animation effect to, let's say, QStackedLayout, for when the page
changes. I guess it'd something similar to the way the AppStore works.

In this example I'd like to see the new button "push" the old button out
of view when the combobox changes:
http://pastebin.com/i5sFgQzE

I'm happy to take a good ol' fashioned RTFM, I'm just having a hard time
finding the right bit of information out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
frank

Tibold Kandrai

Apr 4, 2012, 3:29:50 AM4/4/12
to pys...@qt-project.org
Hey!

Try QtAnimation:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/animation-overview.html

I use it with in a QGraphicsWidget, but this should work everywhere AFAIR.

Cheers,
Tibold

--
Tibold Kandrai,
CEO @ Dotz Team I/S,

signature.asc

Sebastian Elsner

Apr 4, 2012, 3:43:44 AM4/4/12
to pys...@qt-project.org
Hey Frank,

if you are going for a more graphical approach try out Qt Quick:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qml-intro.html

Cheers

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Elsner - pipeline td - r i s e | fx

t: +49 30 20180300 seba...@risefx.com
www.risefx.com

r i s e | fx GmbH
Schlesische Strasse 28 Aufgang B, 10997 Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Sven Pannicke, Robert Pinnow

Handelsregister Berlin HRB 106667 B