"Homework" for self-study pythoners

Brad Bailey

Sep 29, 2014, 10:24:38 PM9/29/14
to py...@googlegroups.com
It would be nice if some folks with some time could assist the self-study folks be assigning homework. I can work through the tutorials just fine, I just cant seem to find ways to either challenge what I know, strengthen it, test myself, and so forth. Nor do I have a qay for a more experienced person to give me feedback on improvements.

Any resources for this?

Ben Hayden

Sep 29, 2014, 11:20:32 PM9/29/14
to PySGF
Hey Brad,

I'd recommend trying http://exercism.io/ if you haven't yet. They have Python exercises and the whole concept of the site is to do a problem then get feedback (or nitpicks as they are called on the site) before you submit your 'final' solution. Should be perfect for what your asking.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Brad Bailey <brad....@gmail.com> wrote:
It would be nice if some folks with some time could assist the self-study folks be assigning homework.  I can work through the tutorials just fine, I just cant seem to find ways to either challenge what I know, strengthen it, test myself, and so forth. Nor do I have a qay for a more experienced person to give me feedback on improvements.

Any resources for this?

Joshua Petitt

Feb 20, 2015, 2:22:10 PM2/20/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Brad, what do you want to do?  I would suggest making something that interests you.  There are some really cool python libraries out there.  You might try picking one of the popular ones and making something with it.  Oh and if you don't have a Github account, make one. That way people can help you easier.