Meeting Changes

Ben Hayden

Apr 22, 2012, 11:24:59 PM4/22/12
to PySGF
Hey everyone,

Scott and I have been chatting, and have come to a general agreement between us that, for the time being, we think it might be better to move our meetings back to once a month. Attendance has waned, and I, for one, have been a bit burned out with work combined with the two meetings a month. I haven't had the energy to help design content or talks - and I hope if we knock back meeting to once a month, that people can have more time to cook up something they want to share with the group. I also think that maybe more people will make an effort to come to one event -  we often have 2 / 3 people on one week, and another two on another week.

So, my questions are:
  • Any objections to this? (current attending members only please) :)
  • Any changes to when we meet? I still like the Last Tuesday of the Month - but I'm pretty much cool on any other day, as well.
I say we still meet this week, but then move on from there.

Thanks for your input!

C Nelson

Apr 22, 2012, 11:45:11 PM4/22/12
to py...@googlegroups.com

This sounds good to me. It would definitely give people an excuse to come. :)

James Vann

May 30, 2012, 12:43:03 PM5/30/12
to PySGF
Any decision as to the new meeting schedule? I was expecting to hear
somthing about a May meeting, but never did. Are you planning on a
June meeting?

On Apr 22, 10:45 pm, C Nelson <cnelson...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This sounds good to me. It would definitely give people an excuse to come.
> :)
> On Apr 22, 2012 10:25 PM, "Ben Hayden" <hayden...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hey everyone,
>
> > Scott and I have been chatting, and have come to a general agreement
> > between us that, for the time being, we think it might be better to move
> > our meetings back to once a month. Attendance has waned, and I, for one,
> > have been a bit burned out with work combined with the two meetings a
> > month. I haven't had the energy to help design content or talks - and I
> > hope if we knock back meeting to once a month, that people can have more
> > time to cook up something they want to share with the group. I also think
> > that maybe more people will make an effort to come to one event -  we often
> > have 2 / 3 people on one week, and another two on another week.
>
> > So, my questions are:
>
> >    - Any objections to this? (current attending members only please) :)
> >    - Any changes to when we meet? I still like the Last Tuesday of the

James Tracy

Jun 27, 2012, 12:18:26 PM6/27/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Was there a meeting last night?  I dropped by but it didn't seem anyone was there.

Ben Hayden

Jun 27, 2012, 12:29:10 PM6/27/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
There wasn't last night, we canceled - posted to FB but not here. My bad. IWS has been in the middle of a big software update, and a lot of the devs that come to the meetings have been pretty burnt out, so we canceled this month's. The update is scheduled to go out this weekend, and if all goes well, we'll get some rest and be ready for next month. :)