October Meeting?

Lyndsy Simon

Oct 22, 2012, 4:01:19 PM10/22/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
I'm just verifying - we are in fact meeting tomorrow, October 23rd, correct?

I just thought I would check before I drove up there :)

Lyndsy Simon

Oct 22, 2012, 4:01:53 PM10/22/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
... Ah. Now I see "last Tuesday of the month."

Next week, then?

C Nelson

Oct 22, 2012, 4:17:12 PM10/22/12
to py...@googlegroups.com

Yes, we'll be meeting next week. I'll send out a more formal announcement shortly. :)

Lyndsy Simon

Oct 27, 2012, 6:15:38 PM10/27/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Question - would it be possible to set up a little bit more structure this time?

I propose that we each set some kind of a goal to work on until the next meeting, and each of us take a couple of moments during November's meeting to talk about progress we've made toward that goal over the past month.

I don't want to make things too terribly formal, but I do want to spend some time up front during our meetup to get excited about what everyone is working on - and honestly, I really need the real-world accountability if I want to build a substantial open-source portfolio.

Matt Thompson

Oct 29, 2012, 10:28:17 AM10/29/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
We tried doing a format similar to that where we have a speaker address the group but the majority of members at the time didn't really like it. Since we have so few members I think an informal, flexible format is better at the moment.

Amanda

Oct 29, 2012, 11:56:56 AM10/29/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
How would everyone feel about moving this one...since uh...I want to go to the orchestra and listen to Halloween music. :P

James Vann

Oct 29, 2012, 4:39:19 PM10/29/12
to py...@googlegroups.com

I for one can't make it today, but would love to come of it gets moved to next week.

Lyndsy Simon

Oct 30, 2012, 5:17:29 PM10/30/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
I'm fine with that too, but need to know in the next hour or so - I need to start heading up there at 5:30 if I'm going to be there by 7.

C Nelson

Oct 30, 2012, 5:33:30 PM10/30/12
to py...@googlegroups.com

We're going to go ahead and have it tonight at 7, Amanda will just have to be late due to her culturing. :)

Lyndsy Simon

Oct 30, 2012, 6:39:50 PM10/30/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Well, after all that, it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it this time.

I swung by our shop to grab some stuff before I headed north, and my 4-year-old asked me what I was doing. I told her "going to Springfield", and her eyes started welling up. I spent the weekend at pyArkansas, so she has a point. Impromptu family pizza night it is!

So yeah... I got told "no" by a toddler :)