Hello in 2015!

Joshua Petitt

Feb 20, 2015, 2:19:57 PM2/20/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to say hi to all the SPF python users in 2015!

Also wanted to gauge the level of activity in this group, would love to collaborate on some python projects with some locals :-)

Tyler Lane

Feb 20, 2015, 2:36:35 PM2/20/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
I'm here although I've been doing a lot more Java than Python recently..

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Joshua Petitt <joshp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just wanted to say hi to all the SPF python users in 2015!

Also wanted to gauge the level of activity in this group, would love to collaborate on some python projects with some locals :-)

Joshua Petitt

Feb 20, 2015, 3:54:32 PM2/20/15
to py...@googlegroups.com

Hey Tyler, thanks for the reply!

James Vann

Feb 20, 2015, 5:34:33 PM2/20/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Gee Tyler, I feel bad for you  :)

James Lee Vann
Founder, Ensign Technologies LLC
Organizer, Dade County Fiber Project
Website: DadeCountyFiber.org
LinkedIN Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesvann
Facebook: facebook.com/jamesvann
Phone: 417.893.0638

James Tracy

Feb 28, 2015, 11:37:53 AM2/28/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hey Josh! I've been getting back into Python myself. (Funny that yours is the first post up here). Let's do some Python. I'm free all next weekend. (Haven't abandoned the Qt project either, btw).

James Tracy

Feb 28, 2015, 11:49:41 AM2/28/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
I was looking into implementing the Philisotree idea. While looking at it, I couldn't figure out how to get the first link from a Wiki article. So after googling I found this on Stackoverlow. If you follow the link there is a github, and it has a link to a working implementation. Maybe we could fork that project. They ask for some help in design. But I'd like to write it to precompute a data tree, which would speed the thing up, plus allow us to get some statistics like average distance, longest distance, and which nodes are not connected to philosophy.