Odd movement of insertion point in editor

Peet Morris

Oct 28, 2020, 12:18:12 PM10/28/20
to PyScripter
I have pyscripter  v 3.6.4.0  installed.

if I have some code:

len(l)

and decide to alter that to, say, print(len(l)). I move the insertion point to before the len and start typing print. Then, as I enter the ( character following print, the insertion point jumps to after len and I end up with printlen((l)

I have tried searching for whatever option causes this behavior but have had no luck.  I have pyscripter install on another machine v 3.6.3.0 which doesn't exhibit this. I have tried comparing options between the two versions and still cannot find a setting to help with this.

Help please.

PyScripter

Oct 28, 2020, 4:48:51 PM10/28/20
to PyScripter
This has been fixed in version control.  For now you have to press Esc to cance code completion before you type "(".

Axel Chambily - Casadesus

Nov 3, 2020, 4:31:29 PM11/3/20
to PyScripter
Hi, I have the same issue. Where can we find this "version control" ?

Peet Morris

Nov 3, 2020, 5:16:35 PM11/3/20
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com

Axel Chambily - Casadesus

Nov 4, 2020, 4:13:28 PM11/4/20
to PyScripter
Thanks a lot dear, but isn't it a compiled version ready to use ?

PyScripter

Nov 4, 2020, 7:46:59 PM11/4/20
to PyScripter
Not yet.  The fix will be included in the next release.  In the mean-time is it such a big deal to press Esc before typing the bracket?  Or else you can deactivate "Complete as you type".  (Tools, Options, IDE options, Auto-Complete).