Pyscripter 4.2x64 zip Changing language to Greek and back to English leaves the all the menu commands in Greek.

Dimitris Papis

Nov 9, 2022, 3:18:44 PM11/9/22
to PyScripter
Greetings all,
as the titles says i change IDE language to Greek back to English and when i open again PyScripter 4.2x64 (portable) the entire menus are still in Greek.
I made the change between Greek and English numerous times same result when i restart PyScripter.
Solved only deleting the folder and unzip to a new one with no other changes in language.

PyScripter

Nov 9, 2022, 3:31:30 PM11/9/22
to PyScripter
I cannot reproduce it here.  The choice of language is stored in PyScripter.ini, which for the portable version is stored alognside PyScripter.exe.

When saved with English active:
[Other Settings]
PyScripter Version=4.2.0.0
Language=en

When saved with greek active:
[Other Settings]
PyScripter Version=4.2.0.0
Language=el

The only thing I can think is that for some reason (access rights to the folder) pyscripter.ini is not saved.  Are other options saved and restored as expected (e.g. Open files restored, File explorer directoty, position of winodows)?.

PyScripter

Nov 9, 2022, 3:39:44 PM11/9/22
to PyScripter
Just to add to the previous response.  The portable version needs to be placed in a directory to which you have full read-write access.
  • Do you see the language change in the PyScripter.ini when you exit PyScripter
  • Does running PyScripter as admin makes any difference to your issue?

PyScripter

Nov 9, 2022, 3:53:04 PM11/9/22
to PyScripter
I am about to release 4.2.1 to deal with a couple of minor issues.   If there is something to be fixed in relation to the UI language, your prompt feedback would enable me to fix this in this next release.
Thanks.

Dimitris Papis

Nov 9, 2022, 9:19:52 PM11/9/22
to PyScripter

Hello again,
i change the language from EN to GR again and the problem occurred again for PyScripter 4.2.x64 (portable)
it does not happens for v3.6x64 and v4.1.x64 that i have both portables.
i try a lot of times for all versions.
here is ini file

[Other Settings]
PyScripter Version=4.2.0.0
Language=en
File Explorer Filter=TRUE
File Explorer Path=
Status Bar=TRUE
Style Name=Windows10 SlateGray
Active Project=

and an image showing the error.

PyScripter

Nov 9, 2022, 10:12:11 PM11/9/22
to PyScripter
Very strange.  Just to make sure:
  • You download the zip distribution, unzip it to some folder and the run PyScripter.
  • The UI shows up in Greek.
  • You change language via the menu to English and exit PyScripter.
  • Your PyScripter.ini in the same directory as the PyScripter executable, correctly shows "Language = en".
  • When you start PyScripter again the UI still shows up in Greek.
which means that every time you run PyScripter you need to manually change the language.

Please confirm.

PyScripter

Nov 10, 2022, 2:04:34 AM11/10/22
to PyScripter
The issue is fixed in 4.2.1.
Thanks for reporting it.

Dimitris Papis

Nov 10, 2022, 2:33:41 AM11/10/22
to PyScripter
Good morning (from Greece) to all.
I download the PyScripterx64 zip archive
extracted as i mentioned above and the language of GUI is in English.
I change first time the language to Greek.
if  i close PyScripter (with Greek enabled) and open again change to English close one more time and open again i found Greek in GUI...
I mean if i change one time to Greek and then to English nonmatter how many times i change between English and Greek the next time i open the GUI shows menus in Greek.
that does not happens either v3.6.x64 or v4.1.x64 zip (portable)
i did not try the install any of the installer versions (x86 or x64) from v3.6, v4.1 or v4.2

PyScripter

Nov 10, 2022, 2:39:54 AM11/10/22
to PyScripter
Have you tried v4.2.1 I have just uploaded?

Dimitris Papis

Nov 10, 2022, 3:02:22 AM11/10/22
to PyScripter
Yep, solved!
changing menu language in English, GUI is back in English
Thank you very much for your effort Mr. Vlahos.