auto.arima Function

Mike

Dec 21, 2017, 4:19:55 PM12/21/17
to pyRserve
I have been trying to use the pyRserve for time series' forecasting and intent to use R's auto.arima function.

Used the following code to solve the problem of functions with a dot in their names such as auto.arima:

conn.r.List = aList
auto_arima = getattr(conn.r, 'auto.arima')
conn.r.sapply(conn.ref.List, auto_arima)

but, it returned this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:/Forecast/Python/R2Python/R2P_Practice.py", line 21, in <module>
auto_arima = getattr(conn.r,
'auto.arima')
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pyRserve\rconn.py", line 308, in __getattr__
'defined in Rserve' % realname)
NameError: no such variable or function "auto.arima" defined in Rserve

It seems the auto.arima is not defined in Rserve. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Thanks,
Mike

Ralph Heinkel

Dec 21, 2017, 4:43:35 PM12/21/17
to pyRserve
Hi Mike,

I'm not an R expert ;-) I just wrote pyRserve with very basic knowledge of R ... so let's see how much I can help.

First of all your code seems to loke fine. The problem can be that 'auto.arima' is not available in your R interpreter. At least it is not in mine:

$ R
R version
3.3.3 (2017-03-06) -- "Another Canoe"
[...]
> auto.arima
Error: object 'auto.arima' not found

In this case of course pyRserve will also not find it.
Would you mind to check that?

Ralph