Microsoft Visual C++ 10.0 .... Error

Briti Sundar Deb

Mar 18, 2015, 5:00:51 AM3/18/15
to pyrs...@googlegroups.com
Hi ...I am trying to install pyRserve in windows  using  pip ...

pip install  pyRserve ..... I am getting  the following error ...  please help ...

warnings.warn(msg)

     error: Microsoft Visual C++ 10.0 is required (Unable to find vcvarsall.bat).

Ralph Heinkel

Mar 18, 2015, 5:08:53 AM3/18/15
to pyrs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Briti,

pyRserve itself is pure python code, no compiler is required.
However it relies on numpy ... so in order to avoid numpy to be compiled on your own machine I would recommend to install a precompiled package, e.g. from http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.9.2/
After numpy is installed try installing pyRserve again.

Ralph

Briti Sundar Deb

Mar 23, 2015, 6:58:07 AM3/23/15
to pyrs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ralph ..

Many Many Thnx for your reply. Its working  fine.  I installed Numpy  which workd.   I need to know one more thing  from you  how can I get the plots/graphics  from R to python using pyRserve.  Is there any way of doing  that.

Ralph Heinkel

Mar 23, 2015, 8:10:42 AM3/23/15
to pyrs...@googlegroups.com
I haven't done it myself but I know that people write their plots into files (png?), then do a binary read of this file into a string which is then transfered to the Python side.
Hope this helps.

Ralph

Briti Sundar Deb

Mar 24, 2015, 5:51:59 AM3/24/15
to pyrs...@googlegroups.com
Hi ..Many Many thnx for your reply ...Apart from the approach that you mentioned is there any way using data streaming we can  transfer  the plots from R to Python .. Is there any such thing that u have come across  or any reference that u have in that direction :)   Thnx :)

Thanks;

Briti   Sundar  Deb

Bangalore. Karnataka.

Mob no : 8892702206

Ralph Heinkel

Mar 24, 2015, 6:16:19 AM3/24/15
to pyrs...@googlegroups.com
According to the documentation there is a file transfer protocol available in rserve however I haven't implemented that feature on the python side (pyRserve) yet. So, no, for now you would have to live with the approach described in my last post.