Reliable way to get the uploaded data in a time interval?

Krisztian Kovacs

Nov 22, 2015, 7:05:14 AM11/22/15
to pyroscope-users
Is there a reliable way to get the uploaded data in certain a time interval?
I have issue with a specific tracker now days, and I wanted to check how much data was uploaded yesterday and only yesterday!
And I just realized that maybe I can't tell the exact amount.

e.g. If I use this rtcontrol command then it will tell how much data was uploaded by torrents that have been completed 1 day ago:
rtcontrol -qo alias,uploaded completed=-1d // | awk '{arr[$1]+=$2} END {for (i in arr) {printf "%20s %7.1f GiB\n",i,arr[i]/1024^3}}' | sort -bnk21
       foo.com    69.8 GiB

But, probably, it has the uploaded amount that was uploaded during downloading as well, and this misses the incomplete downloads and all uploads by older torrents, if I get it right how it works.
I could use '--custom last_active=-1d' instead of completed field, but it will give me all the data uploaded for that torrents.

It makes me wonder, if I can't do this properly, how does tracker updating work with the rtorrent client?

Thanks

pyroscope

Dec 4, 2015, 1:10:38 PM12/4/15
to pyroscope-users
Put whatever values you want to measure into a CSV file via a cron job, then use a script or spreadsheet to get the daily differences.

Krisztian Kovacs

Apr 17, 2016, 12:55:23 PM4/17/16
to pyroscope-users
Good idea, thanks!