Export metafile (.torrent) in batch based on label

Ivan D.S.

Jan 29, 2017, 8:42:57 AM1/29/17
to pyroscope-users
I have a multi-user setup with 12 instances of rtorrent.
Running on Ubuntu 16.04 & everything updated to the latest.
rtorrent wasn't newly installed, but I just installed Pyrocore

Now I want to export the .torrent files of torrents with a certain label.
I found this command online & modded to match my case, but I don't seem to get it working.
I also don't really know what it really does since, as I said, I found it online.

rtcontrol -D rtorrent_rc=/home/user1/.rtorrent.rc --cron custom_label="01 Speciale Tekens 1" -o metafile | xargs cp -t /home/user0/torrents/complete/01ST1

I expect it to get all metafiles for torrents with label "01 Speciale Tekens 1" without the quotes & save it to /home/user0/torrents/complete/01ST1

But it give me an error saying: cp: missing file operand

And I can see that cp evidently needs a source & a destination, but I don't see how I can rework this command to accomplish that

Help very welcome,
Cheers
Zotteken

pyroscope

Feb 26, 2017, 10:36:34 AM2/26/17
to pyroscope-users
The problem is your selection is empty, thus cp has nothing to copy to the target. That is because your notion of "label" is likely not what the example uses.

Look at the last example in the docs (link below), which likely does what you want.