Character overflow using Xshell 5 (and PuTTY) and Rtorrent-PS Extended

109 ogledov
Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Carlos Spicywiener

neprebran,
14. maj 2015, 22:16:2114. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com
I'm having an issue with the display of rtorrent-ps-extended in both PuTTY and XShell 5

Screenshots are here: http://imgur.com/e0DtboX,MeQBr6n#0

in XShell, the last few characters of the tracker name are wrapping around onto the next line, and in PuTTY, there is no icon bar across the top (There are missing symbols in the torrent info on the screenshot, but even if I use a different font, I still have no bar.)

Both terminals usually use Inconsolata font, which is what XShell is using in the screenshot. Font size doesn't seem to make a difference.

.screenrc is here: https://pastee.org/mcm44

I have the same problem using tmux instead of screen

Krisztian Kovacs

neprebran,
15. maj 2015, 03:13:2715. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com
Strange. Which OS and version do you use? Which screen version do you use?
I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 with screen  version 4.01.00devel (GNU) 2-May-06 , and I don't have any issues with it (though I have with tmux :) ). See this thread for screenrc and for further details. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pyroscope-users/_5yMqjIHcpo

I'm using Putty 0.64 beta on Win (no issues again), under :
- termnal: x "Use background colour to erase screen"
- colors: set "Indicate bold text by setting: both"
- appearance: x "allow selection of variable pitch font", Font: DejaVu Sans Condensed, size: nine

This DejaVu font was the only one (that I tried) which can display all fonts and text is still readable. Not perfect, but close :)

Carlos Spicywiener

neprebran,
15. maj 2015, 03:51:1415. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com
I do get most of the symbols correct with that font, but it doesn't work with Powerline, and I also still do not get the bar across the top of rtorrent (the one with the symbols), regardless of what font I use. My provider runs Ubuntu 10.04 with Screen 4.00.03jw4

Carlos Spicywiener

neprebran,
15. maj 2015, 04:03:5415. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com
I also get this http://imgur.com/gK1YMi6 when I use xterm-256color in my .screenrc. I have to use screen-256color to get rid of it.

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:16:21 PM UTC+10, Carlos Spicywiener wrote:

Krisztian Kovacs

neprebran,
15. maj 2015, 05:22:5915. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com
" I also still do not get the bar across the top of rtorrent (the one with the symbols),"

It's nothing to do with fonts. I just wanted to let you know which font I'm using to get most of the symbols in Putty.

"I have to use screen-256color to get rid of it."

Hmm... Strange. So, have you tried out my screenrc only? (overwriting yours) If you did, then I don't have any other clue. Probably the libs in the OS are responsible for this wrong rendering.

Carlos Spicywiener

neprebran,
15. maj 2015, 05:38:4215. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com
Yes I used your screenrc. With i was getting the white bars from my second screenshot.
It's strange that I get the bars in XShell, but I don't in PuTTY.
Xshell works exactly like i should except for the text wrapping issue. PuTTY works except for no bar, and having to use a font that does not work with Powerline.

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:16:21 PM UTC+10, Carlos Spicywiener wrote:

Carlos Spicywiener

neprebran,
15. maj 2015, 06:00:4415. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com
Alos, on my Android phone, using JuiceSSH, everything displays as it should. I have the icon bar and all symbols

On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:16:21 PM UTC+10, Carlos Spicywiener wrote:

pyroscope

neprebran,
21. maj 2015, 22:08:0521. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com, thespicy...@gmail.com
The default style uses dark grey for the table headers, either play with your terminal color palette, or else try "rtxmlrpc ui.color.label.set=,white".

pyroscope

neprebran,
21. maj 2015, 22:11:2221. 5. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com, thespicy...@gmail.com
PS: Regarding the white background on cleared screen estate, this might work:

ui.color.even = "on black"
ui.color.odd = "on black"

Krisztian Kovacs

neprebran,
8. jul. 2015, 11:17:578. 7. 15
do pyrosco...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at my last comment here, if you can use tmux, maybe it helps you:
Odgovori vsem
Odgovori avtorju
Posreduj
0 novih sporočil