intel hd 4600 opencl pyrit. guide please

Damon Howe

Jul 19, 2015, 11:30:22 PM7/19/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
i currently have ubuntu 14.04 installed but am about ready to switch to 14.10 or 15.04.
14.10 is EOL in about 4 days so ill probably go with 15.04 here in a few mins.

i real nice guide would be AWESOME how to do this.

any pre-built packages would be awesome as well
thanks

Damon Howe

Jul 20, 2015, 10:09:58 PM7/20/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
i have ubuntu 15.04 with the 4.2 kernel
didnt have to do any patches and beignet installed was pretty painless after you did about 20 fresh installs
you can really get your machine messed up when compoling:
aircrack-ng
reaver
beignet
and just getting the right drivers to work
i finally dropped the 9600GT as it was opencl 1.0 anyhow

pyrit is working about 50% of the time on the cpu and cpu-gpu
i get close to 10k in pyrit benchmark
it seems like pyrit selftest crashes 50% of the time when i run it
if i running pyrit with opencl it really really really slows my system down
i adjusted cores in the .pyrit/config
i disabled HT
still same affect.
if i type a single character like in irc or even is this message box like right now it will lag about 2 seconds
also the timer and points in pyrit update like every 3-5 seconds.
it feels like something gonna break and sometimes pyrit does

inside intel gpu tools (its in ubuntu repos) i had to steal it from whilley (15.10) but it works.
there is an app inside there that lets you have a 4 vieport setting and it shows the cpu usage, gpu fequency, Xorg screen usage and something else.
anyhow when pyrit finishes you can see Xorg is not releasing something like it should be

im thinking about trying intel code builder or whatever ide they use and building pyrit again
either beignet isnt working right (it passes all the tests 100%) or i just got something wrong
i noticed in the 4.2 kernel in pyrit it is not showing 2 intel devices like it was when i was on an earlier kernel and distro
this is also verifable with luxmark for linux
in the windows version i can turn off the cpu or the gpu or enable them both. my scores are also way higher in windows
luxmark is probably going to be the "STANDARD" to compare apples to apples as its exactly the same UI and testing
anyhow something not right but im gonna keep at it.
been doing this for 2 solid days and night with absolutely no sleep what so ever
i been actually contantly at it for 5 or 6 days and nights but only the last two i didnt sleep

anyhow does anyone know any other opencl apps that work in windows and in linux so we can compare and troubleshoot?
i guess we should be lucky we have luxmark
luxmark 3.0 has a feature to enable only C++ and i get 3500 points in liinux
when i run luxmark 3.0 with opencl enabled there is only when item selected in the list and that is gpu
i did look at that intel graph and ....wait its called intel gpu someting. (it shows up in terminal when you type intel and hit the TAB key with about 20-30 other intel tools

anyhow we have a way to trouble shoot now at least