can't even start without SimpleITK

Cyaline Choi / Yannan Li

Oct 5, 2019, 4:53:48 PM10/5/19
to pyradiomics
I installed anacondo and lauched JupyterLab in it. I typed in the first couple lines (showed below) and an error popped out saying that I don't have the SimpleITK model. What should I do? Thanks!

import os
import SimpleITK as sitk
import six

from radiomics import featureextractor

error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'SimpleITK'

Yannan

Joost van Griethuysen

Oct 7, 2019, 4:30:56 AM10/7/19
to pyradiomics
Install SimpleITK

`conda install SimpleITK -c simpleitk`

Cyaline Choi / Yannan Li

Oct 7, 2019, 11:01:13 AM10/7/19
to pyradiomics
Thank you! I've successfully install it and run the step without problem.

a follow-up out-of-topic question: I actually tried using "pip install" but fail - using "conda install" successfully. I wonder what's the reason?

Yannan

Joost van Griethuysen

Oct 28, 2019, 5:00:20 AM10/28/19
to pyradiomics
If you want to install SimpleITK using conda, you need to specify the channel it's hosted on. ``conda install SimpleITK -c simpleitk should work``

Regards,

Joost