Fractal Dimention

Sonia De Angelis

Oct 10, 2019, 7:49:30 AM10/10/19
to pyrad...@googlegroups.com
Hy everyone, I'm new with pyradiomics and python. I implemented fractal dimension feature with three different algorithm (box counting 2d and 3d and differential box counting) for my degrees thesis. I used it with NMR and TC images have you interested in the code? Is there the possibility to contribute with my work to pyradiomics? Thank you

Andrey Fedorov

Oct 10, 2019, 1:14:06 PM10/10/19
to pyradiomics
Hi Sonia,

I think as an overall principle, we are very interested in contributions to pyradiomics.

However, to give the specific answer related to your code, we would need to understand exactly what you did, what is the quality of the code, how you evaluated accuracy of the implementation, and review related issues.

I recommend you create an issue on https://github.com/Radiomics/pyradiomics/issues, and share a pointer to the code so we can have the initial look.

Hope this helps!

AF

Joost van Griethuysen

Oct 11, 2019, 4:27:33 AM10/11/19
to pyradiomics
In response to Andrey's excellent suggestions, I'd like to invite you to try to adapt your code to work in PyRadiomics. The signatures PyRadiomics looks for in features/feature classes/filters is documented in the developers section of the documentation.

Moreover, if you want to share code to contribute to PyRadiomics, you can also create a pull request (PR). See github documentation and PyRadiomics Contributing on how to work with PR for PyRadiomics.

I look forward to seeing your contribution!

Regards,

Joost