scatter display issues after upgrading Pyqt5 to Pyqt6

Christophe Loraux

Feb 21, 2023, 9:31:57 AM2/21/23
to pyqtgraph
Hej!

First I would like to say a big thanks to all the devs for this amazing python library. I was able to drastically improve our small  company software by many order of magnitude even with my very limited coding experience.

I managed to fix all my issue thanks to the existing questions on the forum and with the doc but I'm now facing a few display issues since I upgraded my code from Pyqt5 to Pyqt6-6.3.1.

I have many GraphicsLayoutWidget() with ScatterPlotItem and since the update the points are not sharp, and I get for example these red artefacts when I hover over some points (hovered point is in red pen but also not sharp). Same issue with other plots or symbols, with or without hover. The points are simply not sharp.
I tried the antialias option with True or False without any change.

Anyone has a solution? performance and behavior of the application are not affected but all the scatters are pretty ugly and it does hurts the eyes.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Capture d'écran_20230221_150651.pngCapture d'écran_20230221_153128.png

Christophe Loraux

Feb 21, 2023, 9:59:41 AM2/21/23
to pyqtgraph
I reverted back to Pyqt5: