pyqtgraph examples not working with python 3.10.12 & PyQt6 (6.5.2) installed

JMAG Data

Oct 12, 2023, 11:41:48 AM10/12/23
to pyqtgraph
Hi all,

I developed an app using pyqtgraph (0.10.x) with Python 3.6 and PyQt5 but I recently had to update my system to switch to using WSL and python (was previously using Anaconda/Spyder IDE) but I can no longer get my app to work along with any of the example code from https://github.com/pyqtgraph/pyqtgraph/tree/master/pyqtgraph/examples

I always get the following:

from pyqtgraph.Qt import QtCore ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyqtgraph.Qt'; 'pyqtgraph' is not a package

I don't want to have to update all my code (unless I really have to) and don't really want to roll back to previous versions. Is there something I have missed regarding incompatibilities with Python 3.10.x or PyQt6?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Ognyan Moore

Oct 12, 2023, 5:49:52 PM10/12/23
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
That’s an ancient version of PyQtGraph, why not use the current version?

Also, how did you install it, the primary method we support is via pip install.  That error is an indication that PyQtGraph is not installed to the currently active environment.

Ognyan Moore

Oct 12, 2023, 5:51:13 PM10/12/23
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
Ahh I see you’re on Python 3.6, given that that is well past end of life I would suggest upgrading there too. Doubt you’ll get much help back-porting stuff to that version there.