Stemgraphic 0.5.1

Francois Dion

Feb 24, 2018, 8:34:10 AM2/24/18
to pyp...@googlegroups.com
In other news, this week I released version 0.5 of stemgraphic. I've added interactive charts, heatmaps, sunburst and many other charts, along with support for categoricals and for text as stem-and-leaf plots to complement the numerical support.

Tukey had suggested one approach to categoricals in stem-and-leaf plots, but requiring a mapping table. My approach with n-grams doesn't, and is not limited to 62 categories or word tokens. In fact it can tackle text in most languages.

Lots of documentation, example notebooks, link to the github repo and more at:

And it is installed with pip.

My request is that you try it (there are a few quick start notebooks on github if you don't know where to start) and let me know your thoughts, suggest improvements to the documentation, suggest changes to default options etc.

Francois