Contribution

Lukas

Apr 21, 2022, 5:06:12 AM4/21/22
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody, I'm a CS student from RWTH Aachen University and about
to write my master thesis in the field of topology optimization of
transmission grids. The idea is to approach this via linear
optimization and therefore look for a library that helps me modeling
the power flow optimization part. PyPSA is a promising candidate.

To solve my problem, I plan to reuse the models build by PyPSA
internally for solving linear power flow approximation and therefore
have to hook into the process of model generation. Of course, I could
work on my personal fork and archive it once I', done but it would be
better if my changes made it into the upstream project.

Is there, in general, interest in contributions that

- affect/improve the internal architecture (not public API)
- introduce more recent language features like type hints
- align the code to common best practices of software engineering

If that's the case, we may set up a personal meeting, potentially
together with my supervisor Prof. Marco Lübbecke, to discuss details
and coordinate efforts.

Best
Lukas

Max Parzen

Apr 26, 2022, 6:15:36 PM4/26/22
to pypsa
Hi Lukas,
This sounds quite interesting. Did someone from the team already reached out to you?

Best,
Max