Stochastic generation Scheduling through Pypsa

SALMAN TARIQ

May 27, 2024, 11:49:18 PMMay 27
to fn...@mail.tu-berlin.de, pypsa
Dear Fabian,

I am planning to perform stochastic generation Scheduling through Pypsa, in which I have to define scenarios above snapshots. I will edit my offline Pypsa repository (cloned for development purposes).
Can you please guide me where should I define the scenarios, so that they can be accessible to components (e.g. generators and storages) like snapshots?
I mean I want to add the layer of scenarios over snapshots where each scenario will have all snapshots.

P. S. Reason for doing stochastic optimization through Pypsa is that I have already spent more than a year, building up my simulation setup over Pypsa and quite comfortable with its flexibility.

Best Regards,

Salman Tariq
PhD aspirant (University of Malaya)

Fabian Hofmann

May 28, 2024, 2:16:32 AMMay 28
to py...@googlegroups.com

Hey Salman,

since stochastic optimization is not yet supported internally by PyPSA, you have to perform the optimization by yourself. A shortcut to repeat all snapshots in a row is to set the investment_periods attribute to a list, e.g.

n.investment_periods = [1, 2, 3, 4]

Like this, all snapshots and time series are repeated and assigned with a multiindex. That might help you.

Best wishes,

Fabian Hofmann

Fabian Hofmann

Postdoctoral Researcher