Dynamic capital_cost depending on the plant size

Alex Risch

May 28, 2024, 9:35:21 AMMay 28
to pypsa
Hi,

I would like to develop a dynamic cost function for the capital_cost, as I want to calculate the costs according to VDI 2067, where the costs per MW for a plant with, for example, 1 MW are higher than for a plant with 1,000 MW.

My idea is to build an approximation using several generators, each with different static capital costs. These generators will only be designed within a predefined range if they are deployed.

How would this work, or is there a simpler solution?

Best regards,
Alex