negative n.generators_t.p and n.buses_t.marginal_price

denyin

Aug 8, 2022, 5:30:59 AM8/8/22
to pypsa
Dear PyPSA,

I am building a network with jet fuel and electricity balance using PyPSA framework.

I have the following two results, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I should add additional constraints:
  • Very small negative values for the generation of biojet/jet fuels, n.generators_t.p (modeled using Generator with a given marginal cost).
  • Many large negative marginal prices for fuel buses (n.buses_t.marginal_price)

Best,
Ying

Fabian Hofmann

Aug 15, 2022, 7:26:29 AM8/15/22
to py...@googlegroups.com

Hey Ying,

I would not worry about small negative generation values in general. It might be a numeric artefact coming from the solver. However, it seems that your network was not solved appropriately. After rerunning the lopf, I don't see any large negative marginal prices anymore. So I suggest to rerun the optimization and see whether the problem persists.

Best

Fabian H

just from a small look at

Fabian Hofmann