Links_p_nom_opt

Meritxell DM

May 12, 2022, 11:25:17 AM5/12/22
to pypsa
Dear PyPSA users,

In PyPSA documentation for link component, the p_nom_opt is defined as "Optimised capacity for active power." but it is said that the units are "MVA". Shouldn't it be MW for active power?

Kind regards,

Meritxell Domènech Monfort

Fabian Neumann

May 14, 2022, 3:14:39 AM5/14/22
to Meritxell DM, pypsa
Hi,

yes, I agree "MW" would be better here. Would you do be willing to do a
small PR which changes that? Here's the file that would need changing:

https://github.com/PyPSA/PyPSA/blob/master/pypsa/component_attrs/links.csv

Best wishes,

Fabian N

--
Dr.-Ing.
Fabian Neumann (he/him)

Department of Digital Transformation in Energy Systems
Institute of Energy Technology
Technische Universität Berlin

Group website: https://tub-ensys.github.io
Personal website: https://neumann.fyi

Zoom: https://tu-berlin.zoom.us/my/fneum
Schedule Meeting: https://calendly.com/fneum

Visitor Address:
Einsteinufer 25 (TA 8)
10587 Berlin

My working hours may not be your working hours. Do not feel pressure to