pypsa R and X of transformers

Dino

May 20, 2022, 4:33:44 AM5/20/22
to pypsa

Hello,

Accoding to the user guide, when adding a transformer in the network, without specifying the type, the required input parameters are:
name, bus0, bus1, model, r, x, where r and x are intruduced in p.u.. Nonetheless, when running the code, the output of x_pu and r_pu when checking the dataframe are [inf], and of course the simulation ends up given NaN results.

I'm trying to evaluate the IEEE 14 bus, and with the data given by the datasheet I end up facing the above problem.
Any advice?

Dino

Fabian Neumann

May 22, 2022, 1:24:25 PM5/22/22
to pypsa
Hi Dino,

r and x are given in Ohm. The per-unit values are calculated through n.calculate_dependent_values() which is routinely run inside n.lopf().

Best wishes,

Fabian N