PyPSA_Africa_Hackathon_tutorial_SnakemakeSyntaxError

yiliao zhou

Aug 9, 2022, 12:45:12 AM8/9/22
to pypsa
Dear all,

I am going through the 'snakemake' in the step 3 of pypsa-african-hackathon.
I met the problem when I setting all the preliminary requirement, and type the following in the terminal:
snakemake --dag solve_all_networks | dot -Tpng -o workflow.png

Following is what showing the results, seems like some syntax error.
Building DAG of jobs...
WARNING:snakemake.logging:Building DAG of jobs...
Error: <stdin>: syntax error in line 1 near 'Restricted'

I used Pycahrm instead of VScode, and I am a beginner in coding, I am not sure if it is related to the difference between PyCharm and VScode or if something else happened. Do you have any idea about that?

Thanks for all the efforts you provide, only a few hints would be beneficial :)

Kind regards,
Yiliao

Ekaterina Fedotova

Aug 9, 2022, 8:59:07 AM8/9/22
to pypsa
Hey Yiliao,

I think your workflow is perfectly alright. The error you have experienced seems to relate to some troubles of Snakemake graph visualisation. We have to investigate and fix it. Thank you for reporting this issue!

Best wishes,
Ekaterina Fedotova

Max Parzen

Aug 9, 2022, 5:32:56 PM8/9/22
to pypsa
Hi Yiliao,

Just check this out and let us know what was your solution to the problem in case you fix it :)
https://github.com/pypsa-meets-africa/pypsa-africa-hackathon/issues/17

Best wishes,

Max Parzen