PyPSA v0.21.0

Fabian Neumann

Nov 7, 2022, 2:22:23 PM11/7/22
to pypsa
Dear PyPSA users,

we've just released version 0.21.0 of PyPSA.

Hyperlinked release notes can be found here:

https://pypsa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/release_notes.html

This release contains two major new features:

1) Integration of the Linopy package

In addition to n.lopf(), you can now optimise networks by calling

network.optimize()

with added flexibility to add/remove constraints.

A detailed introduction and migration guide can be found here:

https://pypsa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/optimization-with-linopy.html

2) Addition of a statistics module

It is now easier to access aggregate statistics of solved networks, e.g.

network.statistics.capex()
network.statistics.opex()
network.statistics.curtailment()
network.statistics.capacity_factor()
network.statistics.market_value()
network.statistics.revenue()

Special thanks for this release go to Fabian Hofmann for the hard work put into integrating the Linopy package into PyPSA and to Philipp Glaum for the effort taken to make model statistics more accessible in PyPSA.

Best wishes,

The PyPSA Development Team

--
Dr.-Ing.
Fabian Neumann (he/him)

Department of Digital Transformation in Energy Systems
Institute of Energy Technology
Technische Universität Berlin

Group website: https://tub-ensys.github.io
Personal website: https://neumann.fyi

Einsteinufer 25 (TA 8)
10587 Berlin

Jessica Guichard

Nov 11, 2022, 10:50:58 AM11/11/22
to pypsa
Is it available on Anaconda? I don't see PyPSA as being upgradable.

Fabian Neumann

Nov 13, 2022, 4:06:15 AM11/13/22
to pypsa
Hi Jessica,

Yes, it should be now. There was some lag because for the new release, the `linopy` dependency needed to be packaged for conda as well.

Best wishes,

Fabian N

Toni Vayá Soler

Dec 4, 2022, 3:53:57 AM12/4/22
to Fabian Neumann, pypsa
Dear colleagues,

I was trying to take a look at the Optimization with Linopy webpage, and the embedded code seems to not compile properly.
image.png

Is this the case for everybody? Hopefully, this can be fixed easily.

Have a nice Sunday,

Antonio

Fabian Hofmann

Dec 4, 2022, 4:04:32 PM12/4/22
to py...@googlegroups.com

Hey Antonio,

thanks for pointing out. It is fixed now :)

Best,

Fabian

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pypsa/CA%2B_ETfMsBNvsuDYZb7zXCqLn_1KSkpkCQHDZPmyT%2BucjDkcFuA%40mail.gmail.com.
--