Behaviour of PHS

Frank Meissner

Jun 4, 2024, 3:13:56 AMJun 4
to pypsa
Hello, I am faced with a behaviour of pumped storage plants that I cannot explain:

Firstly, my system has several generators + hydro generation and pumped storage. To better distinguish between the types of units, I use the parameter 'type' in n-storage_units (as well as in n.generators). For hydro this is HPP and for pump storage PHS.

If I now assign 'hydro' as 'carrier' to both types, then the 'p_dispatch' is a power of ten higher than 'p_store' for pump storages.
Only if I choose a different carrier name for the 'PHS' type (I now have 'PHS') is 'p_dispatch' <= 'p_store'.

Can someone explain and justify this?

Regards
Frank