PyPSA-Eur: Total emisisons result

Andreas Rüth

May 11, 2022, 4:41:42 AM5/11/22
to pypsa
Hi all,

I am sure someone else has thought of this, but I couldn't find anything on this forum here. I would like to simulate a network with the help of PyPSA-Eur and do scenario analyses.
One key result of interest would be the total CO2 emissions over the timespan. Is there a way to find this value from my solved network?
I do not want to set a CO2 limit, but compare other measures like the sensitivity with respect to different CO2 prices ("Ep").

I would appreciate any help/thought you might have.
Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Andreas

Andreas Rüth

May 11, 2022, 4:43:39 AM5/11/22
to pypsa
One small addition: As the CO2 prices have influence on the dispathcing/extension of generators, there has to be some kind of calculation in the background, I assume. Maybe results are stored somewhere as well (hopefully :) )

Neumann, Fabian

May 12, 2022, 1:47:33 AM5/12/22
to Andreas Rüth, pypsa
Hi Andreas,

unfortunately there is no front end function for that yet, but you can calculate it in the following way:

Multiply electricity generation with specific emissions, divide by efficiency.

Assuming you have constant efficiencies:

(n.snapshot_weightings.generators @ n.generators_t.p) / n.generators.efficiency * n.generators.carrier.map(n.carrier.co2_emissions)

If other components than generators associated with carriers with nonzero specific emissions, you need to repeat. For stores take the difference between initial and final state of charge.

Best wishes,

Fabian N