Demand side management

Belen Cevallos

Jun 29, 2018, 12:36:06 PM6/29/18
to pypsa
Hello,

I am just starting with pypsa.
Has anybody done demand side management using it? What advice can you give me?
Also, how do you model wind turbines using pypsa?

Regards!

Tom Brown

Jun 29, 2018, 12:55:25 PM6/29/18
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are some examples available here:

https://pypsa.org/examples/

Many have renewables like wind, see e.g. the Germany example.

There are some people adapting our storage models for DSM, but I'll let
them speak for themselves.

Best wishes,

Tom
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pypsa/dd29507b-a33e-4c5c-acfd-c5172ad6d0ac%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pypsa/dd29507b-a33e-4c5c-acfd-c5172ad6d0ac%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute for Automation and Applied Informatics (IAI)

Dr. Tom Brown
Energy System Modelling

Phone: +49 721 608 25737
Fax: +49 721 608 22602
Website: https://www.iai.kit.edu/
Personal website: https://nworbmot.org/

Visitor Address:
Office 309
Campus North Building 445
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

kostas syranidis

Jul 2, 2018, 12:09:59 PM7/2/18
to pypsa
Hello Belen,

I have implemented the approach from the DIETER model, but it is a bit slow because of the second time variable and I also don't have the time to upload it in the near future unfortunately.

Another approach would be to use the storage units from pypsa and add constraints to the state_of_charge variable to represent load recovery constraints.

Best,
Kostas

Belen Cevallos

Jul 2, 2018, 12:23:51 PM7/2/18