Content API and Entity API Authentication seems to have stopped working

Jujube Menon

Jan 24, 2024, 12:01:41 PMJan 24
to pyPreservica
Hi James,

I tried running a Lambda against Content API and received an error. This was working until yesterday.

The way I'm authenticating is by storing the credentials in AWS Secrets Manager and then using the declaration as described in the documentation. I'm not using 2FA yet.

client = ContentAPI(username=uname, password=pwd, tenant=tnt, server=svr)

I tried some of my other Lambdas that use Entity API and got the same error. I suspect Preservica has changed the way we can authenticate. Error is in the attachment.

Thanks, Vinod
Error.pdf

Jujube Menon

Jan 24, 2024, 12:30:45 PMJan 24
to pyPreservica
I think I have resolved this. I was on 2.0.6 and I updated locally in VS code to the latest version and it seems to be working.

James Carr

Jan 25, 2024, 6:23:09 AMJan 25
to pyPreservica
Hi
I think this was due to the v7 release of Preservica and the pyPreservica library was not updated to support v7 in time.

If your on the latest 2.5.1 version you should be ok.

Jujube Menon

Jan 25, 2024, 12:04:45 PMJan 25
to pyPreservica
Yes. I did the updates to the Lambda layer and it's working now. :-)