2FA with API

Marcelo Garcia

May 18, 2023, 6:45:39 AM5/18/23
to pyPreservica
Dear all

When I try to use the API, I get an error that "needs 2FA:"

```
ERROR:pyPreservica.common:Failed to create a password based authentication token. Check your credentials are correct
ERROR:pyPreservica.common:b'{"success":false,"message":"needs.2fa","user":"ea(...)","tenant":"xyz","continuationToken":"<token here>"}'
```

I tried to update the library:

```
pip install -U pypreservica,
```

it's still not working. It seems that the way to use credentials with the API didn't change.

Do I need to contact Preservica to change anything in my account to get the API working again?

Thank you

Best Regards

Marcelo

James Carr

May 24, 2023, 12:36:20 PM5/24/23
to pyPreservica
It looks like pyPreservica does not yet support the new authentication method with 2FA as this was introduced with 6.8

I will look into what is involved and get back to you.