ingest workflow process monitoring

Joel Thill

Aug 18, 2021, 10:50:02 AM8/18/21
to pyPreservica
Good afternoon,

I was wondering if there is a functionnality in pyPreservica to monitor the ingest workflow that an upload triggers in order to be certain that the new assets are available?

for the time being, I am polling the repository for the presence of my newly ingested DU using client.identifier() for a couple of seconds/minutes - which is obviously not recommended practice.

cheers
j.

James Carr

Aug 19, 2021, 10:33:37 AM8/19/21
to pyPreservica
Hi

If you are sending your packages directly to Preservica using UploadAPI.upload_zip_package() then this call returns a progress token which can be used to monitor the ingest.

You pass the token to EntityAPI.get_async_progress() this returns a string with the current status of the workflow.

If you are sending your packages via an S3 bucket first using upload_zip_package_to_S3 then this does not return a progress token.