Counting API calls

Christopher Russell

May 16, 2023, 1:13:23 PM5/16/23
to pyPreservica
Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this:

I've been trying to learn more about PyPreservica and APIs lately, but I'm still very new to it and one thing I'm a little confused on is how to count API requests when it comes to PyPreservica scripts. The Preservica acceptable use policy for CE users mentions a read and write limit for requests, but I don't understand how things like modifying metadata from a spreadsheet are counted; would each entity that's modified in that way be counted as a write request or does the entire script just count as one request? Is a PyPreservica search-to-csv request just one read request no matter how big the dataset?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help,
Christopher

James Carr

May 24, 2023, 8:55:46 AM5/24/23
to pyPreservica
I dont think the API usage is monitored too closely, as long as its sensible usage and it does not impact other tenancies on shared systems than you should be ok.

Users on dedicated Enterprise (EPC) platforms can hit the API as hard as they like.

Note - This is not official Preservica guidance.