version 2.0.0 with 2FA

James Carr

May 25, 2023, 6:25:30 AM5/25/23
to pyPreservica
I have release a new version of pyPreservica 2.0.0

This version has support for

If you want to use pyPreservica against systems that have 2-Factor authentication you will need to upgrade to version 2.0.0

$ pip install --upgrade pyPreservica

Marcelo Garcia

May 28, 2023, 1:59:27 AM5/28/23
to pyPreservica
Hi

I upgraded PyPreservica,

```
(venv) library-sds$ /data/scripts/repo2preservica$ pip freeze
(...)
pyPreservica==2.0.0
(...)
```

but I still get the same result:

```
(venv) library-sds$ /data/scripts/repo2preservica$ python src/repo2preservica.py config/ingest.cfg
ERROR:pyPreservica.common:2FA twoFactorToken required to authenticate against this account using 2FA
(...)
```

I think that maybe a problem with our account. If I use the Preservica API (not PyPreservica), and assuming that I'm using the right one,

```
Authentication API (6.8)
[ Base URL: eu.preservica.com/api/accesstoken ],
```

I get the same error:

```
{
  "success": false,
  "message": "needs.2fa",
  "user": "mar...",
  "tenant": "...",
  "continuationToken": "16e7fff5-..."
}.
```

On the release notes of Preservica 6.8, it's mentioned about a "2FA New Generation," and I think we are still in the old 2FA, since we did what is described in "2FA use of APIs."

Best Regards

Marcelo

Marcelo Garcia

May 28, 2023, 6:24:56 AM5/28/23
to pyPreservica
Hi,

an update: using the Swagger API interface from Preservica is working.

But looking at the picture in PyPreservica documentation "Factor
Authentication"[1], we have a different screen. I don't see the option
to revel the key.

Anyway, I think the problem is with Preservica not PyPreservica.

Thank you for your help.

[1]
https://pypreservica.readthedocs.io/en/latest/intro.html#factor-authentication

James Carr

May 28, 2023, 6:30:07 AM5/28/23
to Marcelo Garcia, pyPreservica
Are you using the new user interface or original?

The option to view the two factor key only appears when you set a new user up with 2 factor authentication.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pyPreservica" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pypreservica/CAE_6px5nH0SdrRON7aWZcPTdUU9dBriWgznK2_zQYGTgx3Mmsw%40mail.gmail.com.

Marcelo Garcia

May 28, 2023, 12:19:05 PM5/28/23
to James Carr, pyPreservica
We created a new account, we tested again, and this time worked.

But it's not clear to us how to reset(?) our current accounts to the new 2FA.

Thank you for your help with this issue.