Pypower simulation with large scaled data

Torahiko Osaki

Jun 10, 2017, 2:02:01 AM6/10/17
to pyp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this e-mail to ask the scale of data of busbar and branch and so on to execute the power flow simulation.
I am using pypower version 5.0.0 and have imported following functions from pypower api: case9, ppoption, runpf and printpf.
The number of  Busbars, Generators and Branches data are over 500 .
After running the simulation, it results 'nan' in almost all fields, where power injectin and losses are expected.
It also says "RuntimeWarning: overflow encountered in long_scalar (sum(gen[ong, PG]), sum(gen[ong, QG])"
As I have tried same simulation with reduced number of data around 50 Busbars and so on, it made correct results. Therefore, I thought there is an upper restriction of numbers of components to carry out the simulation.
Do you mind to give me some advaice about this issue.

Best regards

Torahiko Osaki