uploaded extra documents

Flavio Coelho

Dec 18, 2012, 6:23:02 PM12/18/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Amieiro,

I Uploaded a bunch of new documents to the Dengue corpus in the demo site, but it failed halfway through. Did you get any error message? I any case, some did get uploaded and are available now in the corpus which now has 45 documents.

cheers,

--
Flávio Codeço Coelho
================

Flávio Amieiro

Dec 19, 2012, 9:48:10 AM12/19/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Yes, me and Álvaro did notice the error yesterday. It was related to
the filename (which was longer than the 50 characters we were
expecting) and our lack of proper validation on the upload form. After
that upload, it was also impossible to build the corpus page, since it
would try to find a url for a corpus with an empty slug (which doesn't
exist).

This was a great error, because it touches a point that was already
bothering me a lot about our code, and it prompted a refactoring of
the document upload form and our web interface's first unit tests
(https://github.com/flavioamieiro/pypln.web/tree/feature/refactor-document-form).
This is one of those places in the code that I think can be really
cleaned up without a great effort, and it is great that this error
pointed to it.

I also created (by hand) a slug for this document, so the corpus page
could be built again. You should see no more errors when trying to
load it.

Thanks for finding this bug!

Cheers,
Flávio Amieiro