New policy: developing with forks

Álvaro Justen [Turicas]

Jul 5, 2012, 1:13:47 PM7/5/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hi people,
I've just forked the project at my account on GitHub:
https://github.com/turicas/pypln
Let's use this policy now for contributing (even inside our team):

- Create a fork in your GitHub account
- Do what you want (the fork is yours! :)
- When finished something and it's relevant to the project, create a
pull request on https://github.com/namd/pypln

Note: to enforce code reviews, you can't accept your own pull requests.

[]s
--
Álvaro Justen "Turicas"
http://blog.justen.eng.br http://twitter.com/turicas

Renato Rocha Souza

Jul 5, 2012, 1:37:50 PM7/5/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Just a question...
Will we keep the various branches on the original repo

https://github.com/namd/pypln

with this new process?

Cheers,
Renato

--
Renato Rocha Souza
================

Álvaro Justen [Turicas]

Jul 5, 2012, 1:43:52 PM7/5/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Renato Rocha Souza <rsouz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a question...
> Will we keep the various branches on the original repo
>
> https://github.com/namd/pypln
>
> with this new process?

The ideia is to create new branches on your own fork and then ask for
a pull of this branch into namd's develop. In some rare situations you
can ask for a pull into another branch, but the default behaviour will
be ask for pull/merges on develop.

> Cheers,
> Renato
>

> On 05-07-2012 14:13, Álvaro Justen [Turicas] wrote:
>>
>> Hi people,
>> I've just forked the project at my account on GitHub:
>> https://github.com/turicas/pypln
>> Let's use this policy now for contributing (even inside our team):
>>
>> - Create a fork in your GitHub account
>> - Do what you want (the fork is yours! :)
>> - When finished something and it's relevant to the project, create a
>> pull request on https://github.com/namd/pypln
>>
>> Note: to enforce code reviews, you can't accept your own pull requests.
>>
>> []s
>

> --
> Renato Rocha Souza

Flavio Coelho